THE FOUNDATION AWARDS COMMUNITY GRANTS THAT SUPPORT AND BENEFIT GREATER SUDBURY AND SURROUNDING AREA.
There is one annual grant cycle with a two-stage grant review process for Community Grants. Stage 1 applications are due March 1st of each year. Successful Stage 1 applicants are invited to apply for Stage 2.
Community grants criteria:
- Time-specific projects that are generally one-year long (once awarded, SCF will not entertain additional applications for the same project)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate innovation or potential to serve as a model for others
- Reflect diversity and inclusivity
- Develop local leadership or promote citizen involvement
- Invest in the future
- Build sustainability
- Emphasize prevention rather than remediation
- Encourage efficient use of community resources
- Demonstrate a strong board of directors, fiscal responsibility, and sound management
- Encourage project partners and investment from the applicant’s organization
To help understand the type and value of grants awarded in past years, please refer to Past Grant Recipients for details.
Download Stage 1 Application Form
Download Stage 2 Application Form
Download Project Final Report Form
Download Partnership Agreement
Download Interim Report Form