As a community foundation, we are driven by one word: community.It’s the very word that defines us. Community is at the heart of everything we do. The Foundation’s real success is defined by what improves our quality of life here, and how we can make it better for all. This is the impact we strive to have.
The world we live in is changing quickly. So that we can add value in this shifting landscape, Sudbury Community Foundation offers these advantages to donors:
- Highly Personal and Flexible Options. There are a wide variety of giving options available to explore: gifts of cash, life insurance, RRSPs and RRIFs, appreciated securities, bequests, and charitable remainder trusts. We work with you and your financial advisor to find the giving options that fit your philanthropic vision and financial plan.
- Simplicity. A single gift can meet all of your charitable interests and at the same time, maximize your tax benefits and record-keeping.
- Deep Community Knowledge. We understand our community and know about local issues and disparities so that you can align your philanthropic vision with community needs, investing in the causes that you care about.
- Transparency. We provide annual fund reports that include a record of your fund’s granting history. The Foundation’s audited statements are available to donors.
- Permanence. Your gift becomes a timeless legacy that will benefit this community forever. Because the principal is never spent, the value of your gift is returned to the community over and over again.
- Impact. Your gift will have long-term impact as it is pooled with others for investment purposes bringing higher returns back to the community. As a donor, you also have the option to create a fund that draws from both the principal and earnings for higher immediate impact.