LEADERSHIP PARTNERSHIP MENTORSHIP
Council of 100 was established in 2012 to create a network of community leaders ready to provide philanthropic support to the Sudbury Community Foundation enabling the Foundation to build upon its vital role in connecting community needs with opportunities.
Since its formation, the Council has engaged 58 members who have contributed over $100,000 on a cumulative basis through the fulfillment of pledge commitments of $1,000 annually for a period of three years or longer.
The Council continues its work to identify its first 100 members and to the achievement of the goals identified in 2012 of:
- Contributing to the financial sustainability of the Sudbury Community Foundation
- The establishment of the Council of 100 Endowment Fund.
The best gifts or investments in community are those which have a multiplier effect. Gifts which can be leveraged and enable your Community Foundation:
- To engage our community through leadership initiatives such as the Emerging Leaders Program, network building, advocacy and community consultation
- To build and grow our endowment through the development of donor relationships and effective stewardship
- To invest in our community by focusing on community progress and community development that is magnetic, which encourages people to stay rather than leave, to return if they have left, or to be a newcomer
We invite you to become a Council of 100 Member. The membership requirement is a pledge of an annual gift of $1,000 for a period of three years. This pledge can be fulfilled in a lump-sum payment or through a series of payments remitted throughout the year.
Your financial support as a Council of 100 Member will contribute not only to sustaining the work of the Foundation but also support the Foundation in its mission to be foundational to the community in which we live, we learn, we work and we play.